Ayuntamiento

El Ayuntamiento se ubica en este edificio en 1948. La fachada es presidida por un escudo de piedra flanqueado por leones, del que desconocemos su origen heráldico. La villa, antigua aldea de la Moraleja, logra su titulo en 1396 de la mano del Arzobispo Tenorio. El 28 de Mayo de 1920 la Villa consigue el titulo de ciudad, concedido por D. Alfonso XIII de Borbón.
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es
THE TOWN HALL
The town hall was located in this building in 1948. The front of the building is dominated by a stone shield engraved with lions whose heraldic origin is unknown. The town, ancient village of the ´Moraleja´, achieved its title in 1396 with Tenorio Archbishop. The 28th of May in 1920 the village achieved the title of city, conceded by Sir Alfonso XIII of Borbón.
 
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es

Antiguo Casino

Se denomina así porque este edificio acogía el Círculo Mercantil o Casino de la Localidad. Construido por D. Manuel López Ramírez en el año 1929 por encargo de D. Antonio Bueno Bueno. Edificio de Piedra de Sillería, con tres plantas y rematado en el exterior con balaustrada y jarrones de piedra; en esta zona se encuentra un mirador de planta circular adornado con tejas de cerámica. En el interior destaca el patio central de azulejo sevillano con diferentes escenas del Quijote y suelos de tesela de cerámica.
THE OLD CASINO
It is called in this way since this building held the ´Círculo Mercantil´ or the casino of the town. It was built by Sir Manuel López Ramirez in 1929 as an order from Sir Antonio Bueno Bueno. It was built with ashlar stone, three different floors and outside, it holds balustrade and stone vases. In this place, a circular viewpoint decorated with ceramic tiles can be found. Inside the building, we highlight the central courtyard which has Sevillian tiles. These tiles show scenes from the popular work, ´El Quijote´, and ceramic grounds.
 

Casa de los Arcos

Construida en 1928 por D. Manuel López Ramírez. Sus líneas renacentistas, se combinan con filigranas barrocas en la rejería y cerámica andaluza que nos recuerda a la Plaza de España de Sevilla, para completar la fachada es presidida por seis arcos coronados con jarrones de cerámica. El patio interior es una réplica nazarí que imita los palacios de la Alhambra granadina, el edificio tiene el premio al embellecimiento provincial. THE ARCHES HOUSE
It was built in 1928 by Sir Manuel López Ramirez. Its Renaissance style is combined with Baroque figures on the Andalusian ceramic which makes us remember the popular Square of Spain in Seville.

To end the description, the front of the building is dominated by six different arches crowned with ceramic or pottery vases. The courtyard is a ´Nazarí replica´ which imitates the Palaces of the Alhambra in Granada. The building was given the embellishment provincial prize.

www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es

www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es
 

Conjunto Arquitectónico Calle Ramón Millan

El nombre de esta calle es un homenaje a D. Ramón Millán, generoso mecenas local, que contribuyó a la llegada de las monjas de los desamparados en 1880 y las monjas de Cristo Rey en 1910. En este conjunto destacan edificios de piedra del s. XiX, distribuidos en:
Nº 8: Edificio de 1897 con bellísima puerta de madera tallada, adornada con motivos florales y dos bustos que se cree pertenecen a los dueños originales de la casa. Nº 7: Edificio de piedra compuesto por dos pisos Nº 5: destaca el cierre del Balcón Central, en ella vivió el Pintor D. Moisés Bueno cuyos cuadros coronan los edificios religiosos de la ciudad.
ARCHITECTURAL ENSEMBLE IN STREET RAMÓN MILLÁN The name of this street is homage to Sir Ramón Millán, a generous local patron who contributed to the arrival of the nuns of the ´unprotected people´ in 1880 and the nuns of ´Cristo Rey´ in 1910. Inside this ensemble, we can highlight some stone buildings from the XIX century located as followed:
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es
Number 8: The building from 1897 with precious carved wood door, is decorated with flowered details and two different sculptures which were thought to belong to the owners of the house. Number 7: The stone building holds two different floors. Number 5: In this house, whose central balcony is renowned, the painter Sir Moisés Bueno lived. His paintings decorate the different religious buildings of the city.
 

Casa Calle Palacio

En esta calle aún se conserva el sabor medieval antiguo de la villa. En ella destaca un edificio de Piedra propiedad en otro tiempo de D. Rodrigo Xavier de Vélez. Con altos balcones y puerta coronada con dintel de piedra. En su fachada destacaba el escudo familiar que fue vendido a la familia Vélez. Algunas fuentes sitúan aquí el primitivo concejo de la villa.
THE HOUSE IN PALACE STREET In this street, it is still retained the old medieval taste of the village. A stone building is prominent. Its owner was Sir Rodrigo Xavier de Vélez. It holds high balconies and a door crowned with lintel of stone. In the front of the building, the familiar shield, which was sold to the Vélez family, is renowned. Some sources locate in this house the primitive town hall of the village.
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es

 

Ayuntamiento

El Ayuntamiento se ubica en este edificio en 1948. La fachada es presidida por un escudo de piedra flanqueado por leones, del que desconocemos su origen heráldico. La villa, antigua aldea de la Moraleja, logra su titulo en 1396 de la mano del Arzobispo Tenorio. El 28 de Mayo de 1920 la Villa consigue el titulo de ciudad, concedido por D. Alfonso XIII de Borbón.
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es
THE TOWN HALL
The town hall was located in this building in 1948. The front of the building is dominated by a stone shield engraved with lions whose heraldic origin is unknown. The town, ancient village of the ´Moraleja´, achieved its title in 1396 with Tenorio Archbishop. The 28th of May in 1920 the village achieved the title of city, conceded by Sir Alfonso XIII of Borbón.
 
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es

Antiguo Casino

Se denomina así porque este edificio acogía el Círculo Mercantil o Casino de la Localidad. Construido por D. Manuel López Ramírez en el año 1929 por encargo de D. Antonio Bueno Bueno. Edificio de Piedra de Sillería, con tres plantas y rematado en el exterior con balaustrada y jarrones de piedra; en esta zona se encuentra un mirador de planta circular adornado con tejas de cerámica. En el interior destaca el patio central de azulejo sevillano con diferentes escenas del Quijote y suelos de tesela de cerámica.
THE OLD CASINO
It is called in this way since this building held the ´Círculo Mercantil´ or the casino of the town. It was built by Sir Manuel López Ramirez in 1929 as an order from Sir Antonio Bueno Bueno. It was built with ashlar stone, three different floors and outside, it holds balustrade and stone vases. In this place, a circular viewpoint decorated with ceramic tiles can be found. Inside the building, we highlight the central courtyard which has Sevillian tiles. These tiles show scenes from the popular work, ´El Quijote´, and ceramic grounds.
 

Casa de los Arcos

Construida en 1928 por D. Manuel López Ramírez. Sus líneas renacentistas, se combinan con filigranas barrocas en la rejería y cerámica andaluza que nos recuerda a la Plaza de España de Sevilla, para completar la fachada es presidida por seis arcos coronados con jarrones de cerámica. El patio interior es una réplica nazarí que imita los palacios de la Alhambra granadina, el edificio tiene el premio al embellecimiento provincial. THE ARCHES HOUSE
It was built in 1928 by Sir Manuel López Ramirez. Its Renaissance style is combined with Baroque figures on the Andalusian ceramic which makes us remember the popular Square of Spain in Seville.

To end the description, the front of the building is dominated by six different arches crowned with ceramic or pottery vases. The courtyard is a ´Nazarí replica´ which imitates the Palaces of the Alhambra in Granada. The building was given the embellishment provincial prize.

www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es

www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es
 

Conjunto Arquitectónico Calle Ramón Millan

El nombre de esta calle es un homenaje a D. Ramón Millán, generoso mecenas local, que contribuyó a la llegada de las monjas de los desamparados en 1880 y las monjas de Cristo Rey en 1910. En este conjunto destacan edificios de piedra del s. XiX, distribuidos en:
Nº 8: Edificio de 1897 con bellísima puerta de madera tallada, adornada con motivos florales y dos bustos que se cree pertenecen a los dueños originales de la casa. Nº 7: Edificio de piedra compuesto por dos pisos Nº 5: destaca el cierre del Balcón Central, en ella vivió el Pintor D. Moisés Bueno cuyos cuadros coronan los edificios religiosos de la ciudad.
ARCHITECTURAL ENSEMBLE IN STREET RAMÓN MILLÁN The name of this street is homage to Sir Ramón Millán, a generous local patron who contributed to the arrival of the nuns of the ´unprotected people´ in 1880 and the nuns of ´Cristo Rey´ in 1910. Inside this ensemble, we can highlight some stone buildings from the XIX century located as followed:
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es
Number 8: The building from 1897 with precious carved wood door, is decorated with flowered details and two different sculptures which were thought to belong to the owners of the house. Number 7: The stone building holds two different floors. Number 5: In this house, whose central balcony is renowned, the painter Sir Moisés Bueno lived. His paintings decorate the different religious buildings of the city.
 

Casa Calle Palacio

En esta calle aún se conserva el sabor medieval antiguo de la villa. En ella destaca un edificio de Piedra propiedad en otro tiempo de D. Rodrigo Xavier de Vélez. Con altos balcones y puerta coronada con dintel de piedra. En su fachada destacaba el escudo familiar que fue vendido a la familia Vélez. Algunas fuentes sitúan aquí el primitivo concejo de la villa.
THE HOUSE IN PALACE STREET In this street, it is still retained the old medieval taste of the village. A stone building is prominent. Its owner was Sir Rodrigo Xavier de Vélez. It holds high balconies and a door crowned with lintel of stone. In the front of the building, the familiar shield, which was sold to the Vélez family, is renowned. Some sources locate in this house the primitive town hall of the village.
www.villanuevadelarzobispo.es

 

bannerinferior

Diputación Provincial de Jaén

Radio Villanueva

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos. Política de Privacidad.

  Al continuar entendemos que se acepta nuestra Política de Cookies.